Courtesy of the Automotive Service Association
The following simple and inexpensive preventive checks will greatly extend the life of the vehicle, ensure safer operation and even benefit the environment.
Always consult your owner's manual for individual service schedules because maintenance requirements vary by manufacturer.
- Always consult your owner's manual, but a good rule of thumb is to have the oil filter changed regularly - every 3,000 to 4,000 miles.
- Have all fluids checked, including brake, power steering, transmission/transaxle, windshield washer solvent and antifreeze. These fluids play a large role in the safety and performance of the vehicle.
- Check tire inflation. Under-inflated tires can result in a loss of fuel efficiency. This is the least expensive form of preventive and safety maintenance. Tires should be checked once a month.
- Keep your engine tuned. A fouled spark plug or plugged/restricted fuel injector can reduce fuel efficiency by as much as 30 percent.
- Have the chassis lubricated frequently. This step extends the life of the moving components of the vehicle's suspension system.
- Check battery cables and posts for corrosion and clean them as needed. The battery fluid also should be checked and filled if it is low, unless it is a maintenance-free battery.
- Have the lighting system checked frequently, including headlights, turn signals, and brake and taillights.
- Check windshield washer blades for cracks, tears and windshield contact. Replace them at least once a year, or sooner if streaking begins.
- Inspect engine belts regularly. Worn belts will affect the engine performance. Look for cracks and missing sections or segments.
- Have the air filtration system checked frequently. The air filter should be checked every other oil change for clogging or damage. This system ensures that the vehicle is performing at its peak condition.
|Service Interval Schedule:|
Vehicle System or Component
Check Every 3,000 Miles
I have always been the gatekeeper of vehicles and have always used independent auto repair services. Of all the auto repair service places I have used, D&G Tire and Auto is the absolute best. Dennis and his brother are honest, fair, and perform excellent work. They never try to "sell" you on repairs that are not needed or don't immediately need to be performed. They talk to you in a kind and informative and respectful way. I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone. You will be very happy.
Honest and trustworthy. Two qualities that are hard to find these days. My vehicle has quite a bit of miles on it and destined for things to go wrong. I will drive a half an hour just to bring my car to DG's. I am a single lady with no automotive experience and would typically be the classic 'easy target' at many automotive repair shops. Dennis never tries to sell me things that I don't need, and I appreciate that more than anything. I value his kindness and professionalism. I get great service at a fair price, and my car is finished the same day. I drive away feeling like I got my money's worth. In my opinion, DG's Tire and Auto is by far the best around!
Dennis and the team are flat awesome. They are flexible, affordable and trust worthy. He worked in my truck on a Saturday and quickly and professionally did my breaks in a few hours. I trust him with all our vehicle needs and will be a repeat customer from now on. Five stars.
This is the best automotive shop I could ask for. They know who I am every time I call, their work is top of the line and their prices are even in budget for a single mother of 2. I had them find me a new engine after Wal-Mart messed mine up and my car has never run better. I go there for every issue I have no matter how minor and they always know just what to do and I am not paying an arm and a leg. As long as they are here they will have my business and anyone else that I can convince to go. If you try them once you will keep going back.
I must say what a great pair of guys . They have been my sole mechanics since 2008. All three family vehicles have been there for various problems. He does everything from bulb replacement to transmission replacement . Love him not trying to sell me a new air filter with every oil change !!